Stepping back

For nearly six years Roots in Alpharetta has brought Alpharetta and the surrounding community compelling content on news, politics, technology, restaurants and general stuff. At least I hope it’s been compelling content. That’s always been the goal. It’s taken a great deal of time to research and write the articles you find here each week. It’s been well worth the effort, a very rewarding experience.

Unfortunately I need to cut back on my blogging schedule and frequency. Why? I simply don’t have as much time to devote to writing. My work schedule is changing and I’m spending more time working from home. This means my time in Alpharetta is less than it used to be. I’m not walking the beat like I used to.

Additionally there are concerns in my Forsyth County community that are extremely pressing. There’s a role for me to fill here, I’m just trying to figure out exactly what that is.

This doesn’t mean goodbye Roots, just a little less. It means that you might not always find a fresh article when you point your browser here on Friday mornings. I hope my readers understand because I value your feedback and contributions to the discussion. You’re the best and you’ve made this a lot of fun.

16 Responses to “Stepping back”

1. Kat August 28, 2015 at 8:29 am #

Lee, while I certainly understand it I’m going to miss your posts. You perform a valuable service to Alpharetta and you’ve become part of my Friday routine. Hopefully you can whip Forsyth back into shape and return to what I assume is your first love, writing.

2. Joe August 28, 2015 at 8:32 am #

Sorry to hear it Lee, you are part of my Fri am routine, however, as a Forsyth resident, I’m looking forward to what you do next, there is a need…

3. Jenni H August 28, 2015 at 10:47 am #

I will miss your updates but I completely understand. We do have concerns in the FC and I am glad you will remain active!

4. Elliot Garcia August 28, 2015 at 12:20 pm #

Lee, is it true you are going to replace Cindy for District 4 Forsyth County Commissioner?

5. Jen August 28, 2015 at 3:29 pm #

Hopefully you’ll be back soon. I’ve really enjoyed your posts. Perhaps you can invite more guest bloggers to post for you from time to time.

6. Kelly & Michael August 28, 2015 at 4:04 pm #

I’m sure all your followers understand since most of us have full time jobs also. So it is great that you are have taken the time to keep us informed as much as you do already. Of course we will continue to value any input you pass along whenever you have the opportunity to do so!
    Your loyal followers,
    Kelly & Michael

7. Michael August 28, 2015 at 5:17 pm #

Will miss reading your restaurant articles, but totally understand your decision. I’ve read every week since we moved to Alpharetta 4.5 years ago. Best of luck

8. bob eskew August 28, 2015 at 8:24 pm #

i will miss your information on the happenings of north fulton and south forsyth.

9. J August 28, 2015 at 8:38 pm #

Lee – always enjoy your perspective and news you provide of the local area. Sorry to see you have to cut back. Will look forward to the articles you do ha e time to write.

10. DRW August 30, 2015 at 7:51 pm #

Sorry to hear this, RIA was a regular Friday morning treat. Best of luck on the Forsyth issues, lots to be done there.

11. JViv August 31, 2015 at 7:18 pm #

I completely understand the conflict, but know this – you will be missed! It made my Friday a very happy day to see the new restaurants and foodie info. I also greatly appreciated the news on Alpharetta development and political scene. I’ll keep watching for new posts, though. Please know that I’m a huge fan of Roots and appreciate the time it takes to put this all together.

12. Bob Strader August 31, 2015 at 8:17 pm #

Lee,

I can relate, you have created a fantastic community here. You have done a great job for so long, taking a break will give you the ability to see what your role will be in the Forsyth community. I, for one, will still look forward to your posts here at any frequency they appear and am looking forward to what you have to say about Forsyth in the future.

13. Julie August 31, 2015 at 9:12 pm #

Hi Lee, I started, then stopped, then started again the Alpharetta Post – all due to time constraints so I know where you are coming from. That being said, I will miss the frequency of your comments on Alpharetta, as I’m sure others will. I really think you have the gift of presenting an opinion but in a way that doesn’t seem biased….if that’s possible. I really appreciate that though.
    Please do find the time to write about Alpharetta when you can. I also wish you well in getting involved with your home town and county politics. You will be a tremendous voice there.

14. derek September 3, 2015 at 12:11 am #

I’m sorry to hear we’ll be seeing less of you. As I planned my relocation to Alpharetta, I grew to be a regular reader of your blog and enjoyed your takes on local politics, development, and of course, food. Once I got here, I continued to be a regular reader. I’ve also always enjoyed Mike’s guest posts and hope you’ll still throw in one of his posts occasionally. Thanks for the good work over these years.

15. Greg September 4, 2015 at 10:39 am #

Thanks for all of your tireless work through the years, Lee. Even in those rare times I disagreed with you, it was always good information. Enjoy your rest!

16. Grant Goggans September 4, 2015 at 12:40 pm #

You’re one of the best, Lee. Don’t be a stranger!