Bear sightings on Windward Parkway

If you ever need a reason to be on twitter, this is it.

At about 8:00 Friday night my twitter feed for Alpharetta lit up. A bear crept out of the woods near the intersection of Windward and Deerfield Parkways. Traffic at this busy intersection snarled drawing the attention of many hipsters leaving BurgerFI across the street. iPhone cameras whizzed away!

This comes a day after a similar sighting off McFarland Parkway in south Forsyth. No twitter pics were posted from this encounter.

So far none of our local media outlets have covered the story. But bear with them as I’m sure the story is coming.

What’s drawing bears to Alpharetta? I’m told they have an appetite for salmon.

7 Responses to “Bear sightings on Windward Parkway”

1. Kim May 31, 2013 at 11:20 pm #

heard a cub was spotted at Deerfield and Webb rd @10 am – must be momma bear looking for the kid. hope they are captured before getting killed or hurting someone.

2. Jim Texter June 1, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

I spotted the black bear while running this morning at the new traffic circle at Haynes Bridge north of Old Milton near the publix. It was about 8am. He or she proceeded towards the farmer’s market area.
    Jim Texter
    404 644 5868

3. Chris June 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

I saw the bear just north of McFarland and Fry’s at a small intersection on thew way to work yesterday. Four cops were in a standoff with it and it wouldn’t come out of the woods. Pretty crazy seeing that.

4. Dolly Kennedy June 2, 2013 at 11:10 am #

Gone are the days when I would ride my horse on Windward. Now you have traffic AND bears!

5. Kate June 3, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

I was at the BurgerFi Friday when the bear was sighted. It definitely caused a stir. Everyone rushed outside to see what was going on.

I didn’t see any hipsters though. Mostly just soccer moms and dads with kids. Or maybe in Alpharetta, that IS the hipster crowd. :-)

6. Roxy June 5, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

I was also at BurgerFi and there were more bears than hipsters.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks:

1. Caffeine and Octane | Roots in Alpharetta - July 25, 2013

[...] AM in the office parking lot at the corner of Deerfield and Windward Parkway.  It’s where the bear was seen not too long ago.  No bears here, just [...]